METRO YOUTH FOOTBALL SCHOLARSHIP - HOW TO APPLY
The MYFA Scholarship was established as a means to expresses the importance of education to the players, parents and coaches of Metro Football. As coaches, we are all teachers passing on life lessons to the athletes that we serve. Personal development and education are a part of any athletes’ success and we want to re-enforce that message. We also hope that the Scholarship program will increase public recognition of Metro Youth Football and enhance the prestige of the league.
MYFA Scholarships are determined by the MYFA Scholarship Board and are awarded annually. Two Legacy Scholarships of $2,000 each and one Volunteer Service Scholarship of $500 will be awarded to students graduating in the spring of 2014. Scholarships will be paid to the recipient in one installment upon proof of enrollment
Procedures for Application
- Complete the Legacy Scholarship Application and Essay. Click here to download the scholarship application form (PDF).
- Complete the Volunteer Scholarship Application and Essay. Click here to download the Volunteer Application (PDF).
- Request a letter of recommendation from an adult who is not a family member but knows you well.
Please provide a typewritten response of at least 100 words that answers the following questions. Please do not include your name, names of coach, signature or other references that might identify you in your essay.
- How has football impacted your life? You may write about your experience in Metro Youth Football or about your football experiences in general. You may wish to talk about what you have gained or learned from the sport and your coaches.
- Scholarship recipients should demonstrate leadership potential. What personal characteristics or experiences do you feel qualify you as a potential leader?
Request at least one adult who is not a family member, but knows you well, to complete a letter of recommendation and forward it to Metro Youth Football.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Applicants will be considered eligible to apply for a scholarship if they meet the following criteria:
- Plan to pursue your education beyond the high school level (trade school, apprenticeship, community college, four year college or university). Payment of scholarship funds is contingent upon student providing proof of enrollment.
- Participated (played football) in the Metro Youth Tackle Football program
- Will be a graduating senior in the Class of 2014
- Is still participating in competitive (high school) football
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and citizenship qualities, high moral character, and show potential for leadership and academic success.
Any eligible applicant may complete and submit an application to:
Metro Youth Football Scholarship
P.O. Box 2171
Cedar Rapids , IA 52406
Completed scholarship materials must be postmarked by June 19, 2013. The following information must be included with all application:
- Completed Application Form
- Letter of recommendation